from BARDO

The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.

Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made

is star-stuff too?


– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –

dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.


Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.


Roselle Angwin

Friday 2 January 2015

finally agreeing to enter the 21st century...

... on a beautiful sunny day after a wild and elemental New Year's Day dusk walk on the coast with Daughter and dogs, I've felt energised enough as to bribe my wonderful nephew into helping me catch up technologically.

Two small bits of news, therefore: one is that by clicking on the River Suite image in the sidebar on this blog, or indeed on the home page of my Fire in the Head website, you can hear the original recording, sans music, of my long Dartmoor poem, commissioned way back in the last century. It's always slightly cringe-making to hear one's own voice, and the current version of the poem is not identical. But there it is. (And as an addendum I've added my Creative Novel Writing to the list of books that you can buy from this blog via Paypal. This was based on my Storymaking course - featured in the Guardian in 1998 – and I have the very last few copies of this out-of-print edition.)

The second thing is that I've now put a Paypal button beneath the details of my next one-day workshop (soon I'll offer this with other courses). 'Thresholds' is a day retreat that I've been leading since – oooh, I don't know; way back in the last century too! – and individuals often repeat this day with me as a way of mapping their years. If you live close enough to South Devon to join us, there are places available still, and it's a good day. This is the blurb:


THRESHOLDS
this wild and precious life
Saturday 31st January 2015, Fletcherscombe Barns, Nr Totnes, Devon
10am – 5pm £50

Tea, coffee, herbal teas will be provided. Please bring veggie lunch to share
THE INWARD FLAME: Thresholds
As part of The Inward Flame weekend, once again I’m offering the Saturday as an open non-residential day workshop. Thresholds is an annual course in which we take time to reflect on our last year and on what we would like to invite in to the forthcoming year; to notice the gap between how we would
like to live and how we actually live, and to consider how we might address this. Here’s the blurb:

Change your life with this day retreat course…
Using writing as a tool, it’s a chance to look at where you are: your essential values, your visions, dreams and goals, your work/life balance, your loves, achievements and losses over the past year, your creative life, and what you’d like to create for yourself in this new year – all in the safe support of a friendly group.
 TO BOOK: contact me through the website or at roselle.l.angwin[at]gmail[dot]com
 I’ve been leading this course now for more years than I can remember, and recommend early booking – some people repeat it year after year!
NB this is a self-contained day workshop for non-residents, but also forms part of this year’s ‘Imbolc – the Inward Flame‘ residential weekend.

Have a creative new year. 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive