from BARDO

The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.

Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made

is star-stuff too?


– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –

dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.


Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.


Roselle Angwin

Wednesday 4 May 2011

LITTORALS: land art & poetry on the beach - workshop

Gone into blog overdrive today. Clearly not enough on my plate... Actually I get so overwhelmed with Too Much To Do that I can go into a kind of inert overdrive, which is a combination of what my sister calls 'ergophobia' and whatever its opposite is... or at least, probably like many of us, I get dragged into interesting displacement activities.

But one of the things I really should be mentioning is my own work. On Sunday 15th May on the beach at Branscombe, Devon, land artist, sculptor, sound artist, friend and collaborator Michael Fairfax and I are leading a day's workshop combining land art with poetry (Michael is responsible for, among other things, the Geoneedle marking the Jurassic coast at Exmouth.) This will be fun and inspiring - and not at all daunting, even for novices in both arts! I'll attempt to post the flier as an image below. With any luck, if you click on it you might get it full size...

NB we've changed the fee from £60 to £50 (ignore the word 'unwaged' which crept in somehow). If you are interested, you can email me via my website or my profile, and I'll let you know what other info you need. I need to know asap - booking deadline next Tuesday, May 10th.

See also

http://michaellfairfax.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive