from BARDO

The stars are in our belly; the Milky Way our umbilicus.

Is it a consolation that the stuff of which we’re made

is star-stuff too?


– That wherever you go you can never fully disappear –

dispersal only: carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen.


Tree, rain, coal, glow-worm, horse, gnat, rock.


Roselle Angwin

Friday 4 March 2011

hanging five or taking five

One of those tricky days when I'm juggling a recurrence of flu, not enough sleep, deadlines not met, questions around 'best practice' in relation to a work issue, a desire also to tend family and friendships, an unprepared workshop emerging out of the mists of sometime-soon to nearly-here, and a sense of jubilation that I have been asked to offer a new Ground of Being workshop with one of my favourite people/writers at one of my favourite places in June (more soon!).

Oh and yes a sense of post-post-jubilation that yes my novel is finally out, and now – and now??

In other words, this being mortal business...

So hello, and more very soon. Meantime I'm going to light the fire and, as they say, take five while I work out which priority is the most prior priority. Or sleep. Or errrr surf a one-way ticket to the parallel place of the Otherworld (as long as it's like here without the hassle). (Which of course I know is human-made anyway...) (The hassle, that is.) (By which I mean the world as I experience it is largely a result of my reactions to it in the first place, in Zen terms. That's one way of defining karma.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive